One of the most difficult things to do in keto is bread or anything similar to it but… it isn’t impossible! Sometimes we just want to have pizza that not only looks like pizza but actually tastes like the real one but is low carb. For moments of hunger like those, there are recipes like this one.
I’ve picked this one up from Ditch the carbs, one of the blogs I’d recommend for low carb recipes.
Some ingredients and quantities have been adjusted to my preference.
Fat Head Pizza:
- 170gr grated mozzarella
- 75gr almond flour
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- One a bowl, mix grated mozzarella and almond flour and microwave it for 1min
- Stir cream cheese, microwave it for 30sec
- Add 1 egg and mix until a ball forms.
- Between two pieces of parchment paper, roll the dough on a round shape.
- Bake it for 10 min.
- Add toppings as preferred and bake it at 200º
If you think having pizza without all the extra carbs is impossible, then you should try making this one. But be careful, if you’re not doing a low carb diet, you should measure your fat intake. Carbs and fat will end up in that belly (and those hips, ladies!)
This pizza has only 15gr of net carbs, the whole thing. When you’re buying the ingredients just make sure you pick the ones with the lowest carbs. By making this recipe you’d get a pretty big sized pizza, enough for 2 people. And we do eat a lot.