On my previous post, I shared with you guys a recipe for those moments where we’re craving for something sweet but still want to keep up with the diet – or the healthy lifestyle. Since then, I’ve spent quite a bit of time working on that recipe in order to transform it into something even healthier. I didn’t use Swerve (or Stevia) and replaced a significant amount of whole wheat flour for protein powder.
And here they are, banana and peanut butter muffins.
- 225gr non fat greek yogurt
- 40gr whole wheat flour
- 30gr Quest banana protein powder
- 30gr Quest peanut butter protein powder
- 160gr mashed banana
- 2 eggs
- 30gr dark chocolate morsels
- 1tsp baking powder
- Mix all the ingredients, except the chocolate morsels, until the batter is smooth.
- Spray the muffin liners with baking spray and add the chocolate morsels on each muffin.
- Bake it for 15-20min at 200º.
It only takes a few minutes to make and there’s no added sugar or fat. Only decent ingredients that can be part of a healthy lifestyle.
Note that the nutrition values are in regards to specific ingredients that I’m using and those would slightly vary depending on the brand you’re buying. Quest didn’t pay me for anything –
I wish – I just use this brand as I really like their flavours and, as it is very low on carbs, it allows me to get only 6gr of net carbs per muffin. I’ve always had good results baking using this brand which is something good as not every protein powder works the same way.
You can use whatever protein flavours you have, although I can’t guarantee the same consistency. Feel free to share any suggestions. Healthy recipes are always welcomed!