Following a diet or starting a new healthy lifestyle isn’t difficult and the advantages are countless. No matter what, there’s always people who don’t even try and the ones who give up as soon as there’s a donut in front of them. You’re willingness has to be bigger than the amount of calories on that pastry. It’s the only way for your success, whatever your goal might be.
And sometimes you’re gonna crave something sweet – or salty – so instead of going shopping for crap, buy some real ingredients and make your own healthy recipes where you can control not only the amounts but also the quality of the ingredients. That’s how I decided to make these healthy peanut butter cookies.
- 100gr whole wheat flour
- 20gr protein powder Quest banana
- 1 egg white (room temperature)
- 60gr 100% natural peanut butter
- 42gr melted coconut oil
- 15ml almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- dark chocolate morsels (optional)
- Mix flour, protein powder, baking powder, corn starch and set aside.
- Mix melted coconut oil and egg white for 15sec, add the milk and the peanut butter.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and fold the chocolate morsels.
- Refrigerate for 30min.
- Make small balls, press them and bake it at 175º for 10min.
A healthy, simple and quick recipe. Just don’t go binge on them as “they’re healthy”. Yes, they’re healthier than store bought cookies, but the most important, in any diet, is moderation.
The nutritional values may vary depending on the brands you’re using but you should have something like 7gr of carbs and 7gr of fat, so pretty good.