Once a week, we don’t count calories and we eat whatever we feel like eating – once a week is ok, right? So, the other day we went to HEB and we were going to buy our favorite cookies, the white chocolate chip macadamia ones, but they were kinda browny and we like underbaked dough so we decided not to buy and instead I’d make my own cookies. When I looked up online for recipes, a million came up but I really liked these from Sally’s Baking Addiction, so I just made a few adjustments.
White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 280gr of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1,5 tsp of cornstarch
- 1 pinch of salt
- 170gr of melted butter
- 150gr of brown sugar
- 100gr of granulated sugar
- 1egg and 1 egg yolk (room temperature)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- white chocolate chips
- Mix the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt.
- In a diferent recipient mix the melted butter with sugars, add vanilla extract.
- Add the egg and egg yolk.
- Mix the liquid ingredients on the dry ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Put it on the fridge, covered, for 1h.
- Make large balls of dough
- Bake it at 375 degrees, around 12min.
You can make smaller cookies but the baking time will vary.
I made them as mentioned and they are great! I’m keeping the recipe as we really like the result: very soft buttery cookies. If you like this type of cookies, you should definitely save the recipe as well!